Building a website can be a tedious job. But, do you know that you can build your website without having a background in web design? WordPress is a platform, easily accessible for everyone, which can help you build and personalise your website. WordPress allows you to host and build websites for your business, portfolio, blogs or more. This article will help you to understand the process of website creation for beginners step by step.
Building a website at WordPress-
- Select a WordPress plan- The first step is to select a plan at WordPress.com. You will get one free plan option, but you have to buy your domain, hosting provider, plugins, themes and other things related to your WordPress site.
- Set your domain name and hosting provider- This happens at the same time as website creation. Users can find your website with the help of the domain name. A hosting provider is a place where your files are stored.
- Install WordPress- You need to install the CMS (Content Management System) to connect your website to the new domain. During the installation process, you will have to answer a few questions about the domain and directory you want to install. You can choose your domain in WordPress by going to “my site’’ and clicking on “domains”. Then, select your custom domain name from the list.
- Choose your theme- You can customise your theme with the help of templates available, each containing multiple layouts, formatting styles, colour font etc. Choose the best from the options and create your theme.
- Add content to your website- You can start uploading content once you choose your theme. Contents are displayed in the form of posts or pages on WordPress. Posts are typically used for blogs, whereas pages are static and more suitable for business owners.
- Customise your website- You can further customise the website beyond your theme. It will include your tagline, title, reading settings. You can also customise the navigation bar, making it easier for users to find information on your website.
- Install plugins- Plugins are added to your website to enhance the user experience. There are over 55,000 plugins available that you can choose from. Head to the admin dashboard to begin the plugin installation. You have to activate a plugin after installing it for it to start functioning.
- Optimise your website to increase page speed- A slow website can frustrate a user. Website performance and speed is important part of the user experience. You can improve the speed of your website with the help of browser caching.
Building a website is not as daunting as it seems. It may seem overwhelming to you at first, but with WordPress, you can easily create a professional-looking website with minimum cost. In addition, you can use WordPress online support for help if you have any doubt while creating your website. Having a well functioning and attractive website is vital to the success of your business or brand. A good looking website can help turn your visitors into leads.